I love wontons, but also am trying to be just a little bit healthier. Yes, still dealing with a bit of after pregnancy baby fat. These wonton wrappers are not just healthy for you, but yes, they are deliciousness! Isn’t it great when that happens and you can indulge without feeling guilty afterwards. Well, these are them. These wonton wrappers are an experiment and they might taste slightly different than the ones made using all purpose flour!
I am using the whole wheat flour from Target (NOT a sponsored post) – you can make this healthy alternative in 4 easy steps.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- Mix the flour, salt and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the water, one tablespoon at a time to the mix.
- Use your judgement and knead it into non sticky, bread dough consistency.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes. Covered with a wet towel.
- Roll into a baguette shape and cut into 15 pieces.
- Roll the small balls in your palm and flatten them on a dry, flour covered surface.
- Go and make some amazing wontons!