There’s something about these Indian turkey burgers that always makes me smile. They were the first Indian recipe that I made for Satya when we were newlyweds. They were a definite winner then and continue to be each time they are served at our dinning room table. Inevitable, I always know they will be greeted with a smile and no left overs will remain.
On appearance basis, these look pretty normal and yet there is nothing normal about them. We have a glorified turkey burger here people – and how you might ask. It’s all about the spices. For me, I’m a ginger and garlic paste put together girl. I’m continually looking for a way to put these two ingredients in any dish I might be creating, it’s just the way it has to be. There are also lovely dashes of cumin, coriander power, garam masala as well other secret ingredients, which gives the burgers a yummy taste that you’ll say mmmmmmnnnmn out loud. (See the recipe below for the secret ingredients).
This weekend we’re having our first official neighborhood party. I can’t wait. Of course, it can’t be without a wide variety of Indian food. And these lovely burgers are going to be a part of the course. We are actually doing small versions of them and making Indian sliders as an appetizer. Just an idea if you want to try it too.
These are a great for people who want a combination of American / Indian food. You can top them with mayo, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and anything else your heart might desires.
I hope that when you eat these you too will be meant with smiles, no left overs, new memories and people to enjoy them with.
- 1 lb of turkey burger
- ¼ cup of cilantro stems removed and cut finely
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chillies chopped into rounds
- 2 slices bread, soak in small amount of water and then crumbled
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 tsp lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Hamburger buns for serving
- Place the turkey burger in a medium size mixing bowl
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with your hands and create patties.
- Cook on medium heat until done.
- Remove from the heat and place between a hamburger bun
- Add tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise and anything else your heart desires.
- Serve warm and eat and enjoy!
“Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.”
Orison Swett Marden