Hello fresh goodness! What better way to start a fresh year than with this remarkable idea and recipe from hellofresh.com. Cooking cannot get any easier whatsoever than this. I promise you. I felt like it was Christmas all over again when I opened the big brown box to find everything I needed to make this delicious meal and two others too! It was simple. It was lovely. And it was delicious. Thanks to my lovely husband who ordered it for us!
The depth of flavor to this meal is super duper good. Take tender beef and mix it with all the beautiful combined flavors of soy sauce, onion whites, garlic and ginger mix it together and you have Korean style flavoring that will fill your kitchen with smells of deliciousness that you just can’t or want to forget.
This meal wouldn’t be complete though with a fluffy rice. It is the is the perfect compliment. You can eat it simple by itself or you can mix it up with the beef and the broccoli. Oh yes, the broccoli, cannot forget the greens. It is seasoned with a little bit of salt, some pepper, a little bit of ginger and don’t forget the garlic. Top it all off with green onions and sesame seeds and time to eat!
With the ingredients prepackaged and ready to go, making this complete meal was so easy and done in a heartbeat. My better half woke up this morning with this meal ready for sampling and lunch hours later done. It gave my little daughter Natalia and I the freedom to roam around town having fun to our hearts content.
So why not start the new year with something new and fresh? Why not try this amazing, mouth watering, give me some more Korean style beef with a beautiful side of rice and broccoli! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 12 oz of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Bring two cups of water to a boil
- Add the rice
- Reduce to a simmer and let sit for 25 minutes until the rice is nice and tender
- Set aside.
- Mince the garlic
- Mince or grate the ginger
- Slice the white onions keeping the white and greens separate
- Mix together the soy sauce, hoisin, half the garlic and half the ginger and the onion whites.
- Let this marinate if you have time.
- Cook the beef thoroughly, breaking up the chunks into smaller pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces
- Cook the broccoli over medium heat with one tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Season with salt and pepper and half the ginger and half the garlic
- Cook for approximately 7 minutes until crispy.
- Place beef, rice and broccoli on a plate.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions
- Serve hot and enjoy!
“Do all things with love.”