Hello friends. Today we have another incredible amazing mouthwatering you must have meal from the folks at hellofresh.com. If you haven’t checked them out, you really should. I must confess I was a little skeptical when Satya told me that we had three meals coming from them thinking- how good could they really be? But I’ve been impressed. And I’ve been enjoying my time of doing so many other things this week as the food has come to me packaged in a nice little bag with everything I need in it. Oh, if I could only have this everyday.
So I made this yummy lemony chicken and quinoa soup. I love my soups don’t you? Its just what you do in the cold winter months. Plus, there is no better way to stay healthy this winter than this. It is full of Vitamin C with lots of veggies and lemons and you get all the protein with the quinoa and the chicken. Can it get any better than this? Eat good healthy foods. New Years Resolution. Check check check.
Its hard to pinpoint just one thing that makes this stew just so good. At first I was going to let the lemons take the stage and the beautiful lemony flavor that comes through so nicely. But its not just that. There are carrots, zucchini, tomato, onions, quinoa with pan cooked chicken. Put it all together and you’ll fall in love. I’m already feeling healthier.
Theres so much more that I think I should probably write, but I’ve been up since the fine hour of 4:30 this morning washing, drying and folding way too many loads of laundry and organizing our sweet pea Natalias closet. So, needless to say, my creativity of writing any more right now is non-existent. I’m going to get my cuddly brown blanket and head back to bed. First though, I think I’m going to warm up to some of this soup. Your turn. Go make yourself some and if you have the luxury of going back to sleep or taking a nap, I give you full permission to go for it. Somedays, its just what you have to do.
- 2 chicken breast cut into cubes
- 5 oz quinoa
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1 zucchini cut into ½ pieces
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 carrot in small pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add 1 tsp of olive oil to pan and than cook on medium high for approximately 8 minutes until it is cooked throughly and golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, add 1 tsp of olive oil and add the carrots, onions, zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about five minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the chili pepper, vegetable stock, quinoa, salt and pepper to taste, chicken and four cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12-18 minutes until the quinoa is soften.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top with a squeeze or two of lemon and parsley.